Upcoming Events

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

3rd race, good race. tyre is key. fitness is primary

this is my 3rd race which unfolded on 2 Dec 2007.

this round i had more prep. managed to do a bit training like
swimming and some push ups. especially after the last race,
i found that i had no stamina and strength to finish the race
of 25 laps. i simply just struggle to hold on to the steering and
limped to the end. i want to be different the next race, and i
had 3 weeks plus to do myself some justice.

oh, one secret to be shared here on the last race... i was
unprepared, Yes... i had problems breathing... i have very
little training... i have difficulty breathing... cos i forgot to open
the top vent of my helmet!! FFFFF

anyway, this race i was feeling ready. ready to race. ready
to take on my kart and the track.

qualifying for me was horrendous. 1.08+ ! rubbish timing!
am i not ready? i went backwards on a good lap. the rear
end of the kart was sliding a lot.. i know the tyres were near
its end but i wanted to use it up to heat 1 then change for the
final 15 laps

anyway, i tried to have another go in the qualifying, but alas,
they turned off the timing monitor! sigh.. i resigned to start
from quite far back..

heat 1
can't remember much, except my crash with the French guy
named GUY.. this Heat 1 was actually quite bad for me, as the
rear end was getting from bad to worse. every braking point i
had to be more gentle, which means people catch me up at some
corners esp most hairpins. i was overtaken by Guy, then i overtook
him back, then he took the place again but i was on hot on his
wheels. his kart was not behaving well too. at the last lap of the 10,
in the inner hairpin, he was looking where i was while turning...
bad mistake.
that put him into the grass, seeing that i throttle hard!
but Guy oh Guy, he did the same and spun in the middle of the
track leaving me no room to move. i knew i braked hard, spun
and crashed heavily into his kart.
my race, at the last lap was finished. my rib hurt a bit. but the
impact was great, and i thot i never say this but i'm glad i wore
my rib protector else i will have a few broken ones for sure!

damage: NONE! only the side pod was badly dented, but Sam
did a good job in put everything nicely back together before the
15 laps.

Tyres changed. four brand new ones were on. and i did 3 laps of
scrubbing in before the race start. Totally awesome grip. every
corners, the kart go in and exit the way i want, the way i know
how. i knew although i will be starting from quite the back of
the field, i am roaring to go.

Heat 2.
this is one of the best race i ever had yet. and the best race for
those who came and watched. reason: the front runners were
the usual suspect. the mid field were make up of quite a few
new racer, and i can be consider at the back of this field. but
behind me was what make this race interesting. Leo, Sam,
Steven, Ah Pao. 4 experienced and quick guys at the back as
some misfortunes befall on them on heat 1 as well.

when the race is a go, i went. had to start overtaking. but i
took my time. bidding for the best chance. do not want to be
knock out for some silly mistakes. i can't recalled exactly when
and where i overtook the ones in front of me. but i can remember
i no longer looked at the board that tells me how many more
laps to go. i was really focused and concentrated on the kart in front.
i was that determined. i was feeling ready, and now i feel ready!

my real race started when ah poa tried to overtook me for 4 laps
and cldn't do so. it started after we overtook tony. i covered my
line all nicely, and with better acceleration. i slowed in the corners
and quick on the straight. he had no answer, no chance to overtake
me. then last lap... i suddenly was quite fearful, as ah poa
actually mounted on to tony's kart at his 1st attempt to overtake...
i was fearful that in his frustrations and eager to overtake me in the
last lap, i allowed a small gap which he took with it expertly...
yes, i shld not be fearful and fight. but i want to finish the races in
2007, and in 2008, let's fight!

=)

No comments: