Upcoming Events

Friday, October 12, 2007

Fun kart <50sec - K[p]

Went karting alone on 5th October. Thought no one would be there, but there were 3 'Ang Mohs' from Ireland trying out the track, 2 ladies and 1 guy. I think they went for 5 rounds, and the last round, they even took my recommendations to go for the 390.

Tried out the 6.5HP fun kart number 45 with an aim to be in the top 8. First round went without timing, just trying out the kart seeing how it responds as well as changed my steering technique to a different one. In all the corners, tried to brake less and less, and on the 5th lap, I could even do without braking in turn 1 on this kart. After this, I just sat and relaxed and just thought about the track and all the things I have done...with the boss right beside me trying to see if I would want to buy a kart...heh heh.

Went for timing during the 2nd round. This time, I just stuck to how I want to drive the kart. During the last few laps, I found new meaning in "always look at where you want to go". After finishing the 10mins, I got out of the kart and was told my best timing was 49.75 secs !!! It was really great news! Exceeded my expectations. Time sheet shows I did go below 50secs in 2 of the laps. Hope I get a good kart in December.

No comments: