Upcoming Events

Thursday, May 6, 2010

It Rains!

Got my magnetic sensor cable back from a friend, and was really hoping that it works so that I can start to do some practicing. But it did work at all. Louis troubleshoot it and found that the cables are not grounded. Hopefully, it is still a cable issue and not a head unit problem. I really need to know my timing, else practising is quite useless.

Luckily, it rained.

Once the rain stopped and the sun popped out, I was already in my kart and headed straight out. Have not drove in the wet for ages. Really had fun, and only spun once. Maybe I was being too careful with the throttling, braking was find as I was braking earlier to prevent the rear wheels from locking. But with the sun being that strong and puddles of water in most sections, the track turned into a dry, semi-dry and water-logged track. At my corner(180R), you can even see the mist from the evaporating water. Trully appreciate the difficulties in driving in such conditions, with the conditions changing with every single lap.

Front tires was peeling off in this session, once I could not get the front to turn in without wrestling the kart, I decided to stop.

No comments: