Upcoming Events

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Race Five 2010

Track B

Installed the new MG Yellow I bought off Benz and qualified 6th.

Before the start of Heat 1, I visualized how I am going to start and I did exactly that, just that it was a false start, the green flag did not drop. On the second try, I bumped into the kart in front just at the last hairpin before the start and finish line and my kart stalled. Since my starter is not working, I was stranded, by the time my kart was started using the external starter, I was already 1 lap behind.

Heat 2, I started from the back and had the best race of my life so far. At the first corner, I was up two position, then I left just enough room for Leo to squeeze through on the right, and found myself trapped between 2 karts, and Leo came in and hit my front right tire, causing me to lose speed and drop 1 position.

After that, it was a blur, I was overtaking karts after karts, and not even knowing who i was overtaking, I was just concentrating very hard on overtaking. Once a space is created, I just went for it, no hesitation at all. Out of 13 racers on that day, I finished the heat 6th. I have already caught up with Jon who is 5th, but found my tires have overheated and just could no longer find the pace to overtake. Setting the kart up with very high tire pressure to have early performance, I am paying for it near the end of the race. Talking to Jon, he is right in a sense, I could have easily overtaken the guys at the back with a less aggressive pressure setting. But its a great experience, just wished I could have overtaken Jon, heehee.

No comments: