Upcoming Events

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Turning Right

Today, had to pick up Jon at 6:30 am in the morning, that means waking up at 6am to drive from Jurong to his place. But at least I have company this time going to JB rather than the radio for a change.

This practice, I have bought along the repaired cable for the magnetic sensor used for timing. It was ripped out during my bad shunt a while back. The previous trip, the cable did not work due to it not being grounded, this time, it WORKS! Now I have timing, and I can see how I am doing. Thanks to Karen for getting the cable repaired! That saved me around SGD35 before shipping.

It started raining lightly just as I was putting my helmet on. But it was very brief, and I waited only 10minutes for it to clear and the sky remained overcast and the temperature cool for the remaining session.

My timing as ok for the first session, I am not sure how the cool temperature is affecting my engine as I do not have a temperature sensor. That sensor is out of order for a year now.

On the second session, I found turning right a problem, especially on the downhill and the corner before the pit. I guess after the timing i posted on the first session above, the tires is starting to give me issues. Talking to Jason, he suggested that I narrow the front wheels. That I did, and I found it has gotten worst instead. So he next suggested that I remove the front torsion bar, which was removed, but I did not test as I decided to call it a day as we were running out of petrol.

There is a post on this on Jon's blog titled Wrong Can Be Good. Where he suggested that I have hardly done any setup changes to my kart. I have rebutted this before, saying I need to be consistent with my driving first, then setup change second. Also, I am starting to realize I am a driver that forces the kart to work, so much so that I am insensitive to the kart not behaving as it should. This I have to improve, else I will never get the maximum out of the kart.

Recently, in an article, there is a comparison between Senna and Mansel when they were teammates and Button and Lewis where they are now teammates. The comparison was their driving style, one likes the car to be setup nicely where the other do not mind the car sliding round a little. We are not world champions, but i think the comparison may be the same for me and Jon.

No comments: