Upcoming Events

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Race Seven 2010 - Simple Things

Track F

Following the last practice session where I could not turn right, I went back and had a thought about it, decided best way is to align the front of the kart. So the first thing when I reached the track is to get Jason to align the front using the Sniper Alignment Tool. Found that the camber and toe is completely out for the left of the kart.

With that done, I changed the front tires to a pair of lightly used MG Yellow bought off Jon, but found out I did not have a race at all.

During qualifying, found the kart was bogging down at all the low speed corners, but it was kind of on and off and knowing my spark plugs are getting old, I changed that once back into the pit. As qualifying was on a wet track, and it started raining more, I did not go out for more testing. My best timing of 1:05 was nearly 6 seconds off pole.

Come Heat 1, I went out and suffered the same situation, but I did finish the heat. Back to the pit, I mentioned it to Jason, and we checked the Power Valve. Found that the gasket is covering the small hole which is meant for exhausting the gases from the Power Valve. That must have happened as I had cleaned the Power Valve just before Qualifying. With the hole covered, the PV is not able to close, and my low end suffered. Graeme mentioned, simple things, and very true. A simple gasket installed wrongly ruined my race. And why did I not realize it sooner? Anyway, with the rain pouring down and no wet tires, I skipped Heat 2. So it turned out I did not have a race at all.

Just in case any reader is wondering why this is race 7. This is race 7 on the calendar, just that I don't have enough funds to join all of the races.

No comments: