Upcoming Events

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

engine - the heart of a kart

Since the bearing was found damaged in late Dec 07, the problem has not been resolved, only heartaches followed.

Because i had a rather good race in Dec 07, before the problem, i had 'high goals' for myself, and not being able to race really frustrates me! More so, when Andy @ Espace gave rubbish bearings which 'melts' when the Biland revved.

Anyway, that's in the past. Now I am looking for a new engine. Have to if I want to race again.

Maxter = a recommendation from David. It can give 20,000 rpm for a 100cc. With a high flow carburettor and direct drive, it is going to be fast. BUT, this engine seems to be a bit dated, so I'm not too sure. Also getting an engine from David may gather a lashing from Louis, so I may have to tread carefully. Cost $1200

Vortex = from Roland. This is a world beater, he said. Supposedly it's very good. Not too sure about this as wll, and the cost is over 2 times more expensive than the Maxter. Will meet Roland soon to ask him about it.

So, what heart will i get for my kart? I dunno yet, in the end, cost most likely to be the deciding factor. Eg. startup cost, and overall maintenance cost.

Stay tuned... as i'm very determined to race in the next one on 30th March. A heart transplant is not too far away

cheers

No comments: