Upcoming Events

Monday, April 28, 2008

27 April - trainings day

27 April = SHIOK!! 28 April = aches and pains!!
woohooo

Well, as i predicted somewhat that this '1st race' of mine after 3-4 months is going to be tough, neck straining, and shoulder aching tough it is

Qualifying was not ideal. Basic front end setting problem. Wheels were put too wide and did not give much response. It felt like it is stucked in the corners...refusing to move and when it move it moved too much. So it's understeer then oversteer! steady lah! After adjusting it, it was much better. However, time trap had shut for qualifying liao.

1st heat, 10 laps. It was ok lah, still can survive. KP was in front of me...then I overtook Tony, but Steven overtook me and chased after KP... and somehow KP did the 'thing' I told him to try it during practice...what happened was that he skidded, Steven hit him, and that his race
ended in 2.5 laps. I did not see it all unfold, in fact i did not see KP until the next lap stranded by the side. My 10 laps ended with Tony overtaking me under the blue flag! But alas, it was non consequential.

2nd heat, 15 laps. This is neck wrenching...ribs breaking...somehow also stomach aching! During the closing stages, I was particularly moving my head as and when the corners come about...but I finished! importantt! It's a good start...2 points was awarded to me as there were a few racer being disqualified, and a few incidents. Well, this is motor racing which i realized one have to finish to have any chance. At times though, it is to try something spectacular so that one can be
brilliant...just like a fine line between a madman, and a genius.

Having said that, it's getting the basics (kart & technique) right 1st that counts most.
=)
till 25 May!

No comments: