Upcoming Events

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Banged and torn - K[p]

Whats up with j0n getting monosyllabic with his titles? Heh. Difficult to type with a huge bandage on the left hand 4th digit. Or is it the 3rd digit, is the thumb a digit? Nope, did not come from karting, came from soccer when the stupid goal keeper went for me instead of the ball. Banged my left ribs and now it hurts, remember the karting incident where I too banged the left ribs? Wells, its acting up again. And unluckily or luckily depends on how you see it, the same finger broke its ligaments about 3 years back. So its a good chance to make it straight now, but I think it'll still turn up bent, heh.

Saturday, did not want to kart, was there to enjoy myself watching people kart, people like j0N and Denis Lian. Big reputation. Denis that is, j0n, well....heeehee.

I wont talk about my timing, but i think its good to do the time attack around 4pm where it is cooler. I think we should eat and do shopping first next time, hor? Anyway, lots of traffic, I was thinking i might go below 48secs for the very 1st time! but in the end, nope, 2 390cc was spinning left right center...sigh.

jOn's kart is very very hot! look at the flame in the front, and look at the radiator on the left of the kart. BEWARE! first time i got into a water cooled kart and was not used to something hot on the left as well. Luckily, not burnt. First lap in it I tried to go slow, and the kart was prancing like a horse most of the time, but when you throttle it in, the kart is real smooth. So jOn needs to learn another technique now, keeping the throttle open while cornering, heehee, interesting to see. I was doing it on the 390 previously, but definitely needs more practise.

Here's something I learnt this week. While cornering, if you use 100% of your car traction, there is a max speed that you can go to follow the largest radial line. Of cos, you can increase the speed, but your radius will increase as well. To find the largest radius of the turn, you go late apex and turn, if you find you still have space on the outside, then you have turned in too early and the next time you come to this corner again, turn earlier.

No comments: