Upcoming Events

Sunday, July 1, 2007

Johor 2007 championship - K[p]

Well, the day has finally arrived for racing! These are my accounts.

80cc fun kart
----------------
Supposed to start 16th on the grid, but found myself in 19th in kart 20. With kart 48 behind me. Don't know why it is still happening, but kart 48 is a much faster kart then the ones we are using. Once flagged off, kart 48 has already overtaken 5 or 6 karts even before the 1st corner!!!

For me, I took off and took the inside line for the first corner and found myself in 15th after the corner. From here, I was following till the hairpin where I again took the inside line again to gain 3 places. But the kart in front of me spun and turned 90 degrees. Outside line was full of karts, I got no where to go but slid to a stop beside him. With the cone right in front of me I got to be lifted out and found myself back in 19th. But from here on it was a case of attrition as karts started to drop and I ended the race in 11th.

390cc kart
-------------
Divided into 2 teams and I was in B. I still think B team is better as you don't have to race against the top 5 fastest karters. Was 7th on the grid. Again took the inside line and gained a place after the 1st turn. Was in kart 456, last week, this kart was quite fast and well balanced. But this time round, I found the kart to be oversteering too much with very little grip. Was following Carloz when he tried to avoid another kart and went straight into the tire wall in turn one. Saw another flying kart like nEL's. After the 2nd or 3rd lap, found myself in 3rd. With the kart handling the way it was, I decided to go easy. But during lap 6 or 7, I was behind Charles, and his kart is all over the track, I did not want to risk it and got overtaken by 2 karts instead. Ended 5th and qualified for the final.

During the final, again I drew kart 456. And again, someone spun at the hairpin again right beside me and got tangled up with my real wheels. Had to kick his kart off. Finished i think 9th place?

No comments: