Upcoming Events

Monday, July 2, 2007

Johor 2007 championship - nEL

Continuing the event writeup... after k[p]

80cc fun kart
----------------
Didn't prove myself in the time qualifying event to get myself a place in the final race. But manage to get myself in the starting grid position 12. I was in kart no. 2, on the first lap, I manage to squeeze myself into position 3, there was lots of collision going on from the front, back and side. Going down the laps, I manage to secure myself a position 2. Hopes are high, as I manage to stay in the position for another 2 more laps. Soon the kart I was in start to give me problems, after every turn the throttle will be switched off and it means that my kart will be gaining speed from 0 acceleration again. I dropped my position little by little. Towards lap 9 (another lap to last), I was holding position 9 due to engine failure. Unfortunately, on the last lap, the kart failed on me. That was a DNF for me.

390cc kart
-------------
As what k[p] said, the race was divided into 2 teams. I was in Team A, the first to go. 11 karts was line up for the first qualifying race for 390cc kart. I was in grid position 10. On the first lap, accident happened to my kart and the other. We were lucky that both of us aren't hurt and neither the kart. We quickly took the kart and move off. All along the 10 laps, didn't manage to catch up with any karts neither do I encounter any karts that overtook me. Manage to finish position 7. Unfortunately again, the last 4 positions are disqualified.


Fun, excitement.

Stay tune for the last poser...

No comments: