Upcoming Events

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

K[p] Bent Axle

What a month.

I joined my first race in PJ since the fun kart race last year. But this is different. This time, I will be racing on a Rotax Max 125cc engine! After 2 weeks of scurrying around looking for tires, I managed to get some Medium Yokohamas from David. And qualifying in front of Tony and Jonathan after the first try was sort of surprising. But the kart is definitely sorted out and I think Tony and Jonathan are still trying to sort out theirs. But the race only lasted 2.5 laps! At the same place where I told Jonathan to try to brake late, I brake too late and hit the grass on the the left a little and the kart starting to go right, it was still under control until I felt the bang on the right. Tried to move off after that but found the chain has come off, worst new is to come, the whole axle is bent. Thats it, race over, and I started to berate myself over and over for getting into this kind of situation. Darn!

Worst is to follow, I think I got a viral fever. First time fever lasted 5 days! Just recovered, and not able to join the rest during their testing on May Day (1st of May). Or Labour Day, Labour Day do sound better huh, May Day sounds like a day where Help is needed. The Earth probably needs it though.

Some notes on race day 4th round. While trying to warm up the tires, and driving leisurely, my timing was a low 1.08! And when I did try to push it to get a good qualifying time, my timing was only a low 1.07! Only a second of difference? This is definitely something worth looking into. Something the Alfano should be able to show. Cheers!

No comments: