Upcoming Events

Sunday, June 8, 2008

brake to be Fast

It's quite incredible but it's true...
If you are not comfortable and not confident with your kart's braking, you're F(finished). With Engine not performing up to par, it will just mean that you will be slower. But if brakes are F then your entry will be too fast, pushing the kart too wide and then spending time at the same spot. Worse is to come, you generally lose time in getting power back on again and that is worse than just been slow!

gees... that's what happened when i got back out on the track for the 2nd time. Braking has to be done earlier and earlier over each lap. Brake fade? Tiredness? Tyre pressure? to be frank, it's actually just the bloody brake system!

I think I have lived with this cock up and FU brake system more than i should. It is time to change. People who had tried my kart always wonder how i brake before corners...I wonder myself too. Maybe I'm just too darn good! hahahahahaha

Tony gave up after 2 laps...well his is Brembo brake, mine is Bimbo
=X he just cloudn't 'handle' this soft brake.

kp, tried yesterday... and well, crashes heavily into a fun kart just after Turn 1. Can't slow the kart in time, he mentioned. That's one, he didn't spot far ahead enough to see the crawling fun kart in front of Des, who slowed too much too soon, and simply my kart can't brake & he can't react in time.

I guess it just go to show, enough is enough. Time to change.

On hindsight, during my 1st run, when the brake was newly bled, I managed to pull away from kp slowly there and then and that was with more weight on my kart, but his tyres were starting to slip too

Thus, yes, it does sound silly, better braking makes u go faster & it so darn bloody true!

Oh, I am now determined not to spend a second more than i need to behind anyone. Concrete very nearly flew into my helmet and smash my visor! And I realized that my suit is getting a lot of exhaust fumes. The odour stink out my room when i bring it out to hang eeeekkks good motivation to be fast!

No comments: